What would happen if all the plants disappeared?
Written by Jorjette C. The article What would happen if all the plants disappeared? was published on September 18, 2012 in Section Earth secrets. To read this article you need 1 minute and 5 seconds, and just to know after that, nobody leave a comment to it but we wait your comment!
Consider the way that plants affect your life. You might wear cotton, eat apples, or admire a daffodil. But plants are also a part of the big picture of Earth’s climate and habitability.
Well, for starters, Earth would be much quieter. Almost all living creatures on our planet depend on plants for food and oxygen, either directly or indirectly. So if all the plants disappeared, eventually so would almost all the other life.
Also, Earth would be hotter. Plants take carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere. If it weren’t for plants, there’d be an increase in the levels of this greenhouse gas — and Earth’s temperature would climb.
Then, too, plants play a role in Earth’s water cycle. They absorb rain and snowfall — and eventually release much of this moisture back into the atmosphere. Without plants, the patterns of precipitation would likely be altered. What’s more, since plants cover much of Earth’s land surface, they decrease the amount of light that our planet reflects back into space. Without plants, Earth would reflect more light — and this would change climate patterns, too.
Finally, plants anchor Earth’s soil. If the plants were gone, soil would be washed from Earth’s surface on a grand scale. So without plants, Earth would be hot — barren — and maybe muddy.
Incoming search terms:
- what would happen if there were no plants on earth
- what would happen if plants disappeared
- if all plants vanish from the earths surface which gas will also disappear
- can you imagine what will happen if plants and animals disappear from the surface of earth?
- If there is no plant on the earth
- what would happen if all the plants disappeared
- what will happen if plants and animals disappear from earth\s surface
- what would happen if number of plants is decreased
- what if there were no plants on earth
- what would happen if all plants vanished
Your comment can help others, so what you have to say about it?