Pick up a ball for a new way to work your abdominal muscles. Here’s how to do the ab toss catch and curl correctly:
Ab Toss Catch and Curl
- While holding a medicine ball or slightly deflated basketball with your arms fully extended over your head, perform an abdominal curl. While in the “up” position, throw the ball against the wall with both hands. Then, catch the ball with extended arms.
- Slowly return to the starting position, using your abdominal muscles to perform the movement.
- Perform 10 to 15 repetitions.
Points to Remember
- Perform the exercise two to three times per week on nonconsecutive days (for example, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, or Monday, Wednesday and Friday).
- Perform in a slow and controlled manner.
- Maintain normal breathing and stop if the exercise causes pain.
- As with all exercises, this movement may not be appropriate for people with certain physical limitations. If you’re unsure, check with your physician first.