Whenever your doctor prescribes a medication for you, be sure to ask the following 10 questions:
- What time should I take the medication?
- Should I take it with food or an hour or two before or after eating?
- Should I avoid any foods?
- Should I avoid taking any other prescription or over-the-counter drugs while taking it?
- Should I avoid vitamins or other supplements?
- Is it safe to drink alcohol while taking it?
- What about caffeine, tobacco, or exposure to sunlight?
- Is it safe to drive while I’m on this medication?
- What side effects, if any, can there be?
- What should I do if side effects do occur?
The answer might help you to improve your state of feeling and also might give an advantage in dealing with further adverse reactions.