- 4 oranges (1 cup of juice)
- 2 apples (1/2 cup of pulp)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of pearl barley
- 1/3 cup of whole dried apricots
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
How to prepare:
- Separately juice the oranges and the apples. Set aside 1 cup of orange juice and 1/2 cup of apple pulp.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the orange juice and water, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, and stir in the barley. Cook uncovered 10 – 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the apple pulp and the remaining ingredients, and cook for an additional 5 – 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with unsweetened soymilk or juice.