- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 2 Tbsp soy milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp chopped onions
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
Combine the beans and soy milk in a blender and mix for 2 to 3 minutes.
Sauté the tomatoes and onions in oil in a saucepan for 5 to 8 minutes.
Pour in the bean mixture and stir in the remaining ingredients and cook, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes.
Serve with brown rice and grated soy cheese.
Yield: 1 cup