1 ½ C. whole-wheat pastry flour
¾ C. flaxseed meal
¾ C. oat bran
1 C. sucanat
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 ½ C. finely shredded carrots
2 apples, peeled and shredded
½ C. raisins (optional)
1 C. chopped nuts (walnuts are good)
¾ C. organic milk, or rice milk, almond milk or soymilk
3 tsp. egg replacer (mixed with water and beaten with a fork until foamy)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl and set aside.
2. Combine the milk, egg replacer, vanilla and oil, and mix well. Add mixture to the dry ingredients, mixing just until combined.
3. Gently fold in the carrot and apples.
4. Fold in the raisins, if desired, then the walnuts.
5. Pour batter into lightly greased muffin tins, filling tins three quarters full.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Remove and cool.
Yield: 12 muffins