The active constituent in cascara causes the peristaltic action (pushing and squeezing action) of the large intestine to be increased, thus having a laxative effect.
Constipation, parasitic infestation and colon cleanser.
Use only dried cascara. Use according to label instruction.
* Drink plenty of water when using cascara.
* It is recommended to use cascara only when necessary for about 7-10 days.
* Prolonged use of cascara can cause a loss of electrolytes.
* Do not use cascara if you have an intestinal obstruction.
* See your nutritionally oriented doctor before using cascara if you are pregnant.
* Excessive doses can cause cramps and diarrhea.