For those garlic lovers that might be interested, here’s a garlic ice cream recipe that’s from our Master Cook data base. I haven’t tried it myself but if you like garlic and want to experiment – enjoy!
* Exported from MasterCook *
Garlic Ice Cream
Amount Measure Ingredient — Preparation Method
2 Cups Whole Milk
1/4 Tea Garlic — freshly chopped
1 Vanilla Bean — split in half
1 C Heavy Cream
1 1/2 Cups Granulated Sugar
9 Egg Yolks
- Put milk, garlic and vailla in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- In mixing bowl, blend cram, sugar & egg yolks.
- Strain the scalded milk mixture into the egg and sugar mixture, stirring constantly.
- Return the combined mixture to the pan and stir continuously over moderate heat until it coats the back of a spoon, about 10-15 minutes.
- Cook in an ice bath. Add Cream mixture. Freeze until firm.
From the Cuisine section of the “Weekly Planet” Tampa Bay area, Florida Mar