Has many active constituents including those that reduce the risk of cancer, stimulate the immune system and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease by reducing blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Green tea is also known to contain antibacterial properties and contains caffeine.
* Traditionally green tea was used by the Chinese for headaches and depression and to increase energy levels, detoxify the body and improve the digestive and immune functions.
* Currently green tea is used for cardiovascular complaints such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol and high triglycerides. It is also used to reduce the risk of cancer and gingivitis, to support the immune system, combat infection and combat mental fatigue.
1 – 3 cups daily.
* Large doses of green tea may cause anxiety and insomnia.
* Those with an irregular heartbeat or an anxiety disorder should reduce the intake to one or two cups daily.
* Large doses are not recommended during pregnancy or lactation.