Ingredients for Hearty Oats with Nuts and Raisins:
- 4 pears (1 cup of juice)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- 1/4 cup of chopped unsalted black walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- dash of ground cinnamon
How to Prepare Hearty Oats with Nuts and Raisins
- Juice the pears. Set aside 1 cup of juice.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the water and pear juice, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, and stir in the oats. Cook uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with unsweetened soymilk.
Yield: 2 Servings