Help for bulimia

Q: My friend is bulimic. She just told me today. She has been bulimic for about five years, and she is only 13. I am very worried for her. She is stubborn and won’t see a doctor. I need to know how I can help her and how she can help herself. I don’t want her to die. Is it curable?

A: Your friend needs a caring, respectful, compassionate physician and therapist. Your best course now is to help her realize what a serious problem this is; that it is life-threatening; and that you love her and will stand by her while she gets help.

You should also encourage her to tell her parents or a sympathetic adult. Yes, it is treatable, but she needs professional help.

What is your thought?

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.