Heat Scale: 7 out of 10 possible
- 2 fresh Habaneros or 4 dried habaneros, stems removed
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- 3/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon course ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 lb whole chicken cut up
Combine all ingredients except chicken into a blender and puree until smooth. Place chicken in marinating bowl, pour blender contents over chicken and stir. Marinate in refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
Remove chicken pieces and barbecue until cooked thoroughly (about 20 minutes). Control any flare ups with a squirt bottle filled with water.
It is completely normal to feel like your lips are inflated to 50 PSI when eating this dish.
Serve with plenty of fluids.