1 block firm organic tofu
½ C. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, chopped
6 Tbsp. turbinado sugar
2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
¼ C. hot water
¼ C. green onions, chopped
¼ C. water
1 ½ Tbsp. corn starch
1. Slice tofu into 7-8 flat slices. Drain.
2. Combine the marinade ingredients, except for the green onions.
3. Marinate tofu in the marinade sauce for at least half an hour.
4. Heat the oven to 400. Oil a large baking pan and arrange the tofu with a little sauce. Set aside remaining marinade sauce. Bake for 15 minutes on each side. Remove from oven.
5. In a medium saucepan, heat the remaining sauce with the cornstarch and water. Simmer until thick.
6. Pour sauce over the tofu. Garnish with green onions.