Try serving this savory recipe over hot steamed rice.
1 block tofu, baked until brown
2 oz. long rice
3 Tbsp. oil
1 round onion, cut in half moon slices
½ C. julienne carrot
1 clove garlic, minced
½ C. julienne celery
1 Tbsp. chopped ginger
½ C. sliced bamboo shoots
4 fresh shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
½ lb. watercress, cut into 1-inch lengths
4 stalks green onion, cut into 1-inch lengths
1/3 C. dry sweetener
½ C. soy sauce
½ C. mock chicken broth
2 Tbsp. cooking wine
1. Break tofu into 1-inch squares, place on lightly oiled baking pan, sprinkle with soy sauce and bake until brown, ½ hour at 400.
2. Combine ingredients for sauce. Soak rice noodles in warm water for 10 minutes, then drain and cut into 3-inch lengths.
3. Heat remaining oil and cook onion until translucent. Add carrot and celery and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry one minute more.
4. Add sauce, tofu, rice noodles, bamboo shoots and shiitake mushrooms to skillet and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add watercress and green onions and heat through, about 5 minutes.