1 block Firm tofu
2-3 Tbs. Safflower oil or butter
1/3 cup Nutritional yeast
½ tsp. Black pepper
2 tsp. Spike seasoning
2 Tbs. Soy sauce or Braggs Liquid Aminos
1. Drain tofu on paper towels for about 10 minutes. Slice tofu ¼ inch thick.
2. Heat butter or oil in frying pan on a medium-high heat. A non-stick skillet works very nicely.
3. When fairly hot, add sliced tofu and cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Turn tofu, it should be a little crisp and brown, and cook for 4 minutes.
5. Remove cooked slices from pan and place on a platter and sprinkle with :
a. Soy sauce first, (evenly on each piece)
b. Nutritional yeast, sprinkle evenly on each piece
c. Spike and black pepper, very lightly on each piece,
These slices are the turkey substitute and the flavor is delicious served on the plate with gravy and all the trimmings. The slices are also good cold for the traditional Turkey sandwiches that everyone usually has the day after Thanksgiving.