2 lg. cloves garlic
3 C. fresh basil, firmly packed
2 Tbsp. rice Parmesan
2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
¾ C. olive oil
¼ C. pine nuts
¼ C. walnuts
2 tsp. sea salt
Pasta of your choice, cooked al dente
1. Place garlic and salt in the bottom of a blender. Grind into a paste for 10 seconds.
2. Add ½ cup pine nuts. Grind until coarsely chopped.
3. Add the basil leaves and pulse, stopping frequently to push the leaves down.
4. Add olive oil and blend briefly.
5. After it becomes a thick, chunky paste, add rice Parmesan and yeast. Mix until blended, but not smooth. The sauce should contain small pieces of leaves and the nuts should be broken up, not pulverized.
6. Combine enough pesto sauce to coat all areas of the warm pasta.