Some common sense and a heavy dose of self-discipline can help prevent hepatitis – this dangerous disease that so many people have it.
How to Prevent Hepatitis
- The hepatitis B vaccine is recommended for health professionals, people with multiple sex partners, and people living with someone who has migrated from areas of Asia where hepatitis B is common.
- When traveling abroad, drink bottled water, don’ t eat unpeeled or uncooked fruits and vegetables, carry your own utensils, and wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Practice safe sex.
- If you drink alcohol, drink in moderation.
- Don’ t abuse intravenous drugs.
- Makes sure sterilized needles are used for acupuncture, piercing, or tattooing.
- People infected with hepatitis A or E should not prepare or touch others’ food, and their bedding should be washed regularly.
- Take care of your body and be present in any situation. If you pay attention to everything around, you are in a much safer position.
- Use antiseptic cleaning solutions for cleaning the toilet, sink, and anything else which is often touched by hand.
HAV is a virus transmitted through fecal-oral circuit which makes this virus to generate small outbreaks of acute disease or even epidemics!