- ½ pound washed spinach
- 1 medium-size red onion
- 8 dandelion leaves
- olive oil for sautéing and dressing
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh or powdered ginger
- alfalfa or mung bean sprouts
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- sea salt to taste
How to prepare:
- Place dried spinach into a bowl and spread the leaves out.
- Cut onion into rings, and mix into the spinach.
- Cut up dandelion leaves into 1 -inch strips and add to dish.
- In a lightly oiled frying pan over medium heat, saut6 garlic cloves until slightly brown. Allow a few minutes for garlic to cool, then cut into strips or rings and add to dish.
- Add sprouts, and sprinkle on turmeric and sea salt to taste.
- Sprinkle on olive oil. Serve immediately, or refrigerate and serve later.
Yield: 2 – 3 servings