This recipe appeared in our 1997 Herbs and Spices Calendar (Judd Publishing). It has an elegant flavor and is assembled in about 10 minutes, and is then chilled overnight. Easy!
- 1 15 1/2-ounce can pink salmon
- 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 1/4 teaspoon country Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Juice 1 small lime
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper to taste
- Squares of pumpernickel bread, toasted
- Sprigs of fresh dill
Combine the salmon, cream cheese, mustard, dill and lime juice in a food processor and process until very smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and process again briefly. Turn the salmon whip into a medium-small dish, cover, and chill overnight. Garnish with snips of fresh dill and serve with toasted squares of pumpernickel bread, or crackers.
Serves 1- -12