- 1/2 C. sugar 1 C. oil
- 1 T. cinnamon 2 1/2 C. sugar
- 4 large apples (peeled and sliced; stir & set aside) 7 T. orange juice
- 4 unbeaten eggs 1/2 t. salt
- 3 C. flour 3 t. baking powder
Mix all ingredients except baking powder until creamy. Add 3 t. baking powder and 3 cups flour. Mix until smooth. Bake in tube pan, putting a layer of batter, layer of apples, ending with batter. Bake at 350º for 1 hour and 30 min
Basic Fruit Cake Recipe
- 4 C. flour 1 t. baking powder
- 1 lb. butter or corn oil marg Pinch salt
- 2 1/3 C. sugar 1 T. vanilla
- 9 eggs 1 t. lemon
Dates, nuts, mixed candied fruit, white raisins, jar maraschino cherries and 1 small can crushed pineapple.
Dice all fruit and nuts (1 pound), drain pineapple and combine and mix 2 with 2 cupsflour from receipe. In separate large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and add sifted dry ingredients (2 cups flour). Add flavoring and beat well. Combine fruit with batter and turn into greased and floured tube pan. Bake at least 2 hours at 325º. Suggest you test with straw for doneness.
The Bendall Family Cookbook, sources of recipes of third and fourth generations was loveingly handed down, 1980 Pioneer Arts, Yorktown, VA
Apple Cake recipe was from Bonnie Lynch. Basic Fruit Cake Recipe was from Gladys Bendall Brown.