6 C. mashed tofu
¼ C. soy sauce or Braggs liquid aminos
2 Tbsp. olive oil
¼ C. whole-wheat flour
1 Tbsp. poultry seasoning
2 tsp. dried basil
½ C. diced onion
½ C. nutritional yeast flakes
1. Mix all the ingredients together and pat into a lightly oiled bread pan. Pat around the edge of the pan as if you were making a piecrust.
2. There will be about 1-½ cups left over mixture, which you will set aside to use on the top after you fill with stuffing.
¼ C. walnut, pecan, sunflower seeds or your choice of nuts
2 C. whole-grain bread cubes or brown rice (cooked), or 1 C. each
1 C. veggie broth
1 C. fresh mushrooms, sliced
½ C. celery, diced
½ C. onion, diced
1 tsp. sage powder
1 Tbsp. dried parsley
1. Combine first 2 ingredients in a bowl.
2. Sauté the remaining ingredients in a little of the veggie broth for about 3 minutes.
3. Mix all the ingredients together and stuff the loaf. Cover the top of the loaf with the remaining tofu mixture and pat really well.
4. Cover the loaf with parchment paper and bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
5. Allow to cool a little before serving so the tofu will be firm enough to hold together when you turn it upside down and slip it out of the bread pan.
6. Slice and serve with Golden Gravy (see recipe in “Gravy & Sauce” section)