This is a good dish to make during Hanukkah or for any winter occasion. These pancakes go well with nonfat sour cream and Golden Cinnamon Applesauce. You may prepare the pancakes ahead and reheat them in a microwave or in an oven set at low heat.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Fat: 5.5 g. (25% of calories)
Fiber: 4.4 g.
Cholesterol: 0 mg.
Sodium: 69 mg.
- 6 cups peeled and finely shredded sweet potatoes
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup finely shredded onions
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp no-salt herb blend
- 1 1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1 2/3 cups unbleached flour
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 6 tsp canola oil, divided
1. In a large bowl, mix the sweet potatoes, zucchini, onions, lemon juice, herb blend, egg, flour and parsley.
2. In a large no-stick frying pan or griddle over medium-high heat, warm 2 teaspoons of the oil. Drop a tablespoon of the batter into the pan and spread it with a spatula to form a thin pancake. Add more batter to fill the pan without crowding the pancakes. Cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until golden and crispy. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
3. Repeat, adding the remaining 4 teaspoons oil as needed, until all the batter has been used.