1 box DeBoles Lasagna
1 block Mrs. Cheng’s firm tofu
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. oregano
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
Pinch or black pepper
½ C. fresh basil, chopped
3 C. fresh spinach or frozen thawed
1 25oz. jar spaghetti or marinara sauce
1 28oz. can diced tomatoes
2 C. Parmesan cheese (for vegans, try TofuRella)
1. In an oblong baking pan, pour about 1 cup diced tomatoes and then put the uncooked lasagna noodles in side-by-side.
2. Sauté the drained tofu with the garlic for about 6 minutes. When lightly browned, add the soy sauce and stir.
3. Toss the basil in with the tofu and put half the mixture on top of the noodles.
4. Put ½ the spinach on top of the tofu and pour 2 cups sauce on the layer and top with one cup Parmesan.
5. Repeat the process again and cover and cook the lasagna in a 350-degree oven for about an hour. Uncover for the last 15 minutes. Allow to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
When making the vegan version, use the TofuRella where we used the Parmesan. You can add veggies to the recipe by slicing thin and layering next to the tofu mixture. Carrots, onions and zucchini are really nice.
For nutrition boosters, sprinkle on some nutritional yeast and add some shitake mushrooms. Dice kale really well and use it with spinach or in place of.