Ingredients for cream of rice:
- 3 peaches (3/4 cup of pulp)
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 cup of unsweetened soymilk
- 1/3 cup of cream of brown rice cereal or farina
- 2 tablespoons of light-colored honey
- (clover, tupelo, or wildflower)
- 1/2 cup of chopped dates
- 1/2 teaspoons pure almond extract
- dash of ground nutmeg
How to Prepare Cream of Rice With Peaches and Honey at Home
- Juice the peaches. Set aside 3/4 cup of pulp.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the water and soymilk, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, and stir in the cream of brown rice or farina. Cook uncovered 3 – 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peach pulp and the remaining ingredients, and cook for an additional 3 – 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with unsweetened soymilk or juice.
Yield: 2 Servings of cream of rice
The cream of rice is a very dilicious recipe that will definetly remind you of childhood. In the first years of my life, my grandmother was cooking for us many time cream of rice, but this recipe above is a little bit improved. You should definetly try it. It is easy to be prepared at home and it’s a very fast one.
It’s up on the design you make, but this cream of rice with peaches and honey can be served easily even on a children party or a special occasion because all who will taste it will feel a bit nostalgic, so you can serve joy in a glass of cream of rice.