Flower and leaves.
The essential oils of lavender have a soothing, balancing effect on the body and mind. Lavender also contains analgesic, antiseptic, antifungal and antibacterial properties.
Lavender is used for depression, stress, headaches, nervous tension, insomnia, hyperactivity, coughs and colds, as well as muscular pain and skin problems such as acne, dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema, minor burns and insect stings. Lavender is widely used in cosmetics.
* Lavender can be used neat on acne, ringworm, tinea, insect stings or bites and massaged on to the temples for relief of headaches. Lavender in a cold compress is recommended for migraines.
* It can be used with carrier oil (3 – 5:100) and massaged onto the body for emotional conditions, muscular pain, insomnia and hyperactivity.
* Lavender is used in a warm bath (10 drops) for emotional conditions, hyperactivity, insomnia and restlessness.
* Lavender can be used in a burner (6 drops) for emotional conditions.
* Used as an inhalant, especially with other oils, lavender is useful for coughs and colds.