For a thick, creamy dressing that’s also low in at, the Junior League of Albuquerque uses pureed cottage cheese instead of mayonnaise.
Total Fat: 1 g.
Sat. fat: 0.6 g.
Cholesterol: 3 mg.
Sodium: 109 mg.
- 1/2 cup 1% fat cottage cheese
- 2-3 tbsp nonfat buttermilk
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp crumbled Roquefort or blue cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
In a blender or small food processor, process the cottage cheese, 2 tablespoons of the buttermilk and vinegar until nearly smooth.
Transfer the mixture to a small bowl. Stir in the Roquefort or blue cheese. If necessary, stir in enough of the remaining 1 tablespoon buttermilk to make a desired consistency. Season to taste with the pepper. To store, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Stir before serving.
Makes: 1 cup; 8 servings.