This is a delicious gravy!!
½ cup Butter or margarine
1 cup Garbanzo flour
1 tsp. Basil, dried
½ tsp. Thyme
¼ tsp. Black pepper
3 Tbs. Nutritional yeast
3 cups Water
¼ cup Soy sauce or Braggs Aminos
2 tsp. lemon juice (optional)
How to prepare?
1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large skillet and toast over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes. Smash lumps while toasting.
2. Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
3. Combine last 3 ingredients.
4. Gradually stir into the toasted garbanzo flour, trying to avoid ingredients lumping.
5. Return to heat and stir to desired thickness.
6. Serve over Tofu turkey and dressing.