These two recipes are to meant to be the filling for the Black Bean & Tofu Cabbage Rolls. However, the prepared tofu and tofu sour cream also make great appetizers by themselves.
½ lb. soft tofu, drained
¼ C. extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp. salt
1 scallion, chopped (white part only)
2 tsp. dijon mustard
2 tsp. umeboshi vinegar
1-3 Tbsp. water
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor until smooth and creamy. Check seasoning to taste.
Yield: 1 cup
½ lb. tofu (extra firm)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1. Wash and press tofu to drain excess water. Cut tofu into strips to resemble French fries.
2. In a non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat, then add tofu.
3. Season with Spike and let tofu brown for about 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
4. Remove from pan and pat dry with a paper towel.